|Gellan gum (E418) is a bacterial polysaccharide, prepared commercially by aerobic |
submerged fermentation, in a manner similar to xanthan. Discovered in 1978, 1988
Approved in Japan, 1992 USA full approved.
Compared with other colloids, gellan gum has many peculiar advantages:
1. Low dosage
2. Excellent thermal and acid stability
3. Good taste-releasing ability
4. High transparency
5. Adjustable gel elasticity and rigidity
6. Good combinability
Gellan gum is widely used in foods and various other fields:
(1) Typical foods prepared using gellan gum: Gelled desserts, jam, jelly,
pudding, confectionery, sugarcoating of confectionery, frost of cake, filling of cake or
bread, and other foods, cakes, and pet foods
(2) Other applications: microbiological media, capsules, perfumes, etc.
Please use contact form for send message directly to seller. Your message will be sent directly to the recipient and will not be publicly displayed.